What are the main innovations that Forma Lms has introduced? In this post, we'll have a look at the most important ones.
- First of all, you'll notice a new fixed-width template. Even lighter than before and with a new set of icons. Some code improvements have been made and some style that were left inline in the old core have been removed. The old Tiny-MCE html editor has been updated to the latest stable version. The old YUI library has been updated to version 2.9. We are putting together the basis for even more consistent improvements that will come with the next releases.
- New horizontal course menu, meant for a better usability (lesser clicks to reach the pages, active items highlighted to improve readability, easier to use on mobile devices, expandible user stats...)
Improved look & feel of the categories tree, to make it more contemporary and easier to use on mobile devices
- Scorm tracking also available in stats by user and stats by object. New tables have been added to allow for scorm data tracking visualization in the Teacher Area section. If you go to the detail of the single scorm package, you'll see a table like the one every single user can see by clicking on the chart icon.
- Maintenance Mode: in "general configuration" you will now have a new function, allowing you to put the LMS in maintenance mode. Users will not be able to access, while admins will be able to login from the url: [url]/index.php?passwd=[psw]
- "Html label": a new type of additional field. We added a new kind of field, where you can also insert html text in the form. It can be very useful to insert instructions and links for users in the registration form. Obviously, the field is not displayed in the dropdown menu of the user list.
- You can now add attachments to the learning objects (this function refers to the "html page" type of Learning Object).
- The Curricula function has been improved: now you can let your users subscribe to curricula from the catalog. Also, several bugfixes have been implemented.
- The "Event reservations" have been improved, with new notifications for admins and subscribed users. Event creation in general has been simplified.
- Dozens of translations for the Italian and English language file have been added (where missing) or corrected (when wrong).
Finally, if you want to take a detailed look at the changelog, you can find it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/forma/files/version%201.x/