Here is a brief summary of the main news:
- New Responsive Layout. The layout has been redesigned with a more modern graphic and, above all, it has been rewritten to be "responsive" and automatically adapt to navigation even from tablets and smartphones
- Improved User Experience. User experience has been redesigned to grant users a better site navigation: menus and links to access the different sections are now reorganized for easier navigation, a new user panel collects personal user informations, new icons... just try it!
- New and improved features. First, the new plugin management system will let you extend Forma with endless new features. But in youl'll find also new additional fields, and many existing features that have been rewritten or improved (import users from CSV, a new gradebook, test LO improvements, ...)
- Improved Core Technology. The whole Forma "engine" has been updated and improved introducing compatibility with the latest versions of PHP and new frameworks (bootstrap, composer, sass, ...). Many modules have been rewritten, starting a work that will continue in the next releases. All of this brings significant improvements to the performance and overall maintainability of the software.
Updating an existing platform
- Server requirements have changed, php 5.3 is no longer supported., while support is granted up to php 7.0
- Template: old templates are not compatible with the new layout, create your new template cloning and customizing the standard one.
- Course logo and description: due to the new layout reload course logos (the optimal size is 400x140px), and insert in each course configuration proper descriptions to be displayed in the new boxes
- Removed features: some features have been removed, especially Public Administrators (old public admin are "downgraded" to users, you can reassign the desired level and profile)
- SSO: if you are using SSO for user access, youl''have to change the access url caled by your application to http://yourformalms.domin.com/index .php?r=adm/homepage/ss